Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day Two / Three - Meetings and Surprise Magic Kingdom Visit

Hey everyone,

I thought I would start off this blog by showing you where I live (the outside of the complex for now.) Disney Housing has four complexes. Vista Way, The Commons, Chatham Square, and Patterson Court. I am in Patterson, the newest of the complexes. Instead of moving in with all new people, in an empty apartment, I moved in as one new person among five Americans who have lived here since February. They are extremely nice, and fun to talk to! So here is Patterson Court:






Okay! So, yesterday we had housing meetings. We went through, had our visa checked, made sure all was in order, then gather in a huge room to watch a presentation on all our housing... the rules, amenities,events etc.


After our meeting I booked it home because a new friend had offered to MainGate me into Magic Kingdom! SAY WHAT?! (MainGate is what Cast Members get, free access to all parks... and they have a limited number of passes to bring guests in with them!) SO, I was getting to go to The Magic Kingdom for the first time ever, for free! (We do not get our MainGate pass until Thursday, on our Traditions class)

The Magic Kingdom is incredibly different then Disneyland. Yes there are similarities.. but this park is just HUGE. Spread out, and large. Disneyland is small and quaint. They are both different, but equally spectacular. I was able to ride in the 3 hours I was there: Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and The Little Mermaid. I was then able to finish the night off with "Wishes" the fireworks spectacular. It was an incredible night, with a new Canadian friend who has worked in the parks for about a year now! 

Enough with the words.

ON WITH THE PHOTOS! 

















A very magical day.

Today was fairly simple... We had immigration meetings, filled out paperwork.. had paperwork processed.. but we found out officially our work place and position, as well as our traditions class time tomorrow (Traditions is your main orientation of the company, the Disney legacy, the history, and a tour of The Magic Kingdom from below and above.)

I will be working in Magic Kingdom, doing food stands in east side of park! Totally the park I wanted. As well, my Traditions class is at two tomorrow! I have more Training/Orientation Saturday and Sunday, then start on site training the next week! \

SO EXCITED

So that's about it. Heading to a place called B-Dubs tonight with the roomies and some Canadians, and then tomorrow the Disney Career begins!

Stay tuned for more! Have a magical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment